20 Intriguing Persuasive Essay Topics About The Environment
The environment has been a hot button issue for over the last half century. As some new scientific evidence has pointed to human-caused pollution as being one of the primary reasons for environmental damage around the world, there are still a number of topics that have yet to be fully explored. Here are 20 intriguing topic ideas about the environment you can use for a persuasive essay:
- Do you believe that the deforestation and the environmental damage it causes is the worthwhile when compared to the economic benefits that come from it?
- Do you believe that hunting does more harm than good to the environment? What about over population of certain species?
- Should your school or community do more to encourage commuters to take alternative modes of transportation?
- Should supermarkets charge consumers extra for plastic bags as a means to encourage people to bring in their own reusable or recycled bags?
- What do you think people at your school can do to help people in poor regions of the world have enough clean drinking water?
- What are the dangers of tracking animals in the wild for sport, conservation, and scientific studies?
- Do you think first world countries around the globe are doing enough to reduce CO2 emissions?
- Do you think communities do enough about the dangers posed by nuclear power stations and their disposal of waste products?
- Do you think that if people were given vouchers from employers and state or local governments that they would switch to taking public transportation?
- Do you think company owners that have been found guilty of dumping toxic material improperly should face jail time?
- Do you think that city-wide recycling plans are making a great enough difference or are they merely costing tax-payers money?
- Why is it important not to throw hazardous household waste in the regular trash that goes straight to the dumpster?
- How do we change our carbon footprint? Is it too late or is the damage to earth’s environment still reversible?
- Do you think the United States should be doing more to end the reliance on non-renewable sources of energy such as gas?
- Do you think if littering had a bigger fine there would be less people breaking the law and more focused on cleaning up the community?
- Do you think that eco-tourism poses a threat to the protection of wildlife and wild areas? Will support for wildlife and wild areas suffer if people can’t visit?
- Why do you think people litter? Is it a bad habit that forms early in their life? Are they not motivated to clean up after themselves?
- Should more people become vegetarians or vegans in order to help the environment or is this idea not feasible?
- What will be the biggest environmental concerns of future generations? Will they face the same problem or will new threats arise?
- Do you think that car owners should pay more in taxes because of the environmental damage they through air pollution?
Professional essay writing service US - get your essays written by expert essay writer.