Crafting A Thesis Statement For A Descriptive Essay – 5-Step Guide
The chief objective of a descriptive essay is to claim your opinion about a certain topic. In short to say, it is the mini-outline of the chosen topic. When you are supposed to write a proposal, you need to articulate your thought process and make the reader understand about the prime motto of writing your paper. The significance of this statement lies in making the readers understand and analyze about the content. No matter how good you write the content, if you have not written a super statement, your writing will lose its significance.
While writing, you need to go step by step. Check out the 5 step guide-
- Choose your topic- Brainstorm for it. Until and unless it is interesting and meaningful, it will lose its relevance. Once decided, try to make the topic as effective as you can and thereby write what you aim to say.
- Thesis statement should be to the point: If the topic is specific, it will help the reader in analyzing whether they should go through it or not? Whether the topic is of their interest and will it help them? For example – If your topic is “People pay a visit to Taco Bell”. It does not say anything complete and accurate. Hence, make the topic as much precise as possible. Reveal your opinion as in who all visit that place and why?
- Be argumentative in your approach: However, if you reveal the answer in your statement, it will not stay argumentative. It merely remains a statement. So, make it something like- Do all college students go to TacoBells?
- Make your statement one or two sentences long: It should tell what the topic is all about. Keep yourself focused while following the writing style. It is suggested that you introduce your thesis in the introduction part. Avoid any vague words at this step.
- Do not write a much generalized statement: Never write a generalized piece one as it loses its significance. Your writing should be limited i.e. accomplish what you want in predefined pages. Writing general things will not make your paper attractive. Ensure that your writing is an original one. You should avoid usage of generalized terms like culture, society, values, unusual, negative, difficult, exciting etc. These terms do not reveal anything special but just create misunderstandings and confusions.
Once you have written a superb piece of thesis statement, ensure that your all parameters are met in terms of above mentioned guidelines. Now finalize the statement.
Professional essay writing service US - get your essays written by expert essay writer.