A List Of Great Ideas For Writing US History Essays
Creating a top-level history essay about the U.S. can be a hard task if you don’t have a particular idea in mind. Some students spend more time brainstorming for their topics than writing their assignments. To save your time and avoid procrastination, select one of the thought-provoking suggestions for your paper provided below or use an online topic generator.
Prompts for Composing an Interesting Essay on US History
- The Russian explorations of the Pacific coastal regions in the U.S. in the 18th century.
- The reasons for the American Revolutionary War for independence: was it
- Becoming America: the growth of the 13 colonies.
- The history of slavery: the expansion of slavery in Georgia in the 18th century.
- The California Gold Rush: fortune vs. good judgment.
- The end of the Apache War: the truth about Geronimo.
- Elaboration of the two-party political system in the USA: the causes of the conflict between the Hamiltonians and Jeffersonians and its consequences.
- What is the “McKinley’s tariff” of 1890?
- The Great Depression: economic problems and a social crisis.
- The successes and failures of the Roosevelt’s New Deal.
- The American expeditionary force in World War I.
- Using nuclear weapons in war: bombing Japan in 1945.
- The story of Pearl Harbor: prolog to the Pacific War.
- The progress of the government in the “War on Drugs” in 1986.
- The effects of the 9/11 terrorist attacks on the civil society in the U.S.
- The history of religion in the U.S.: the American style.
- Rural realities: the crisis on the family farms in the 20th century.
- The common currents of American imperialism.
- Eleanor Roosevelt: the role of a Presidential wife on the political arena.
- The successes and failures of American diplomacy in the beginning of the 21st century.
Employing an Online Essay Topic Idea Generator
- Use your search engine to find such a generator on the website of a writing center or a trusted educational resource.
- If you have a notion, enter a few keywords, click on a “Search” button to see sample essay topics, and pick one of the prompts that arouses your interest.
- If you don’t have an idea where to start, go to the topic generator, select a history subject area, and get some suggestions.
- To narrow down a chosen idea, explore books, articles, and other documents related to the subject area.